After my little survey on Instagram, I promised you I would share this recipe. The big advantages are that it can be suitable for everyone and can be used for both sweet and savoury crepes!
You can always add a little sugar to the batter if you wish. Personally, I always prefer less sweet, knowing that you can add sugar to the crepe and that’s more than enough!
Preparation : 5 minutes | Waiting time : 30 minutes | Cook : 10 minutes
For about 10 crepes :
- 3 eggs
- 200g of cornstarch
- 50cl vegetable milk
- a little rum
- optional: olive or coconut oil for cooking if your pan is not non-stick
If you have a food processor, mix all the ingredients and proceed to step 3.
- In a bowl, add the cornstarch and the eggs. Mix it up.
- Mix first, then gradually add the milk, while mixing the preparation so that it does not make lumps. Add a little rum (to suit your taste).
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix the mixture well: the cornstarch tends to fall back and harden a little.
- Heat your pan and oil it with a brush if necessary. Once hot, pour a ladle of batter into the pan.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes. With a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
The batter won’t brown much when cooked, it’s normal! If you wait for it to colour, it may overcook and become a little too hard. If so, don’t panic, once cooked, cover the pancake to soften it a little.
Now it’s your turn !
- In a sweet version with a little jam, a little maple syrup or super gourmet with chocolate spread, banana and a little grated coconut!
- In a salty version with an egg, ham and cheese. Or filled with mushrooms in béchamel sauce.